Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Become a Billionaire

You've heard the saying, "buy on the rumor, sell on the news". Thats a huge part of investing, esp daytrading. You can also use what you know to help you profit off stocks. If you got a new "item" and you figured the item would be HOT, you'd buy some shares.

In 1993, I bought zero coupons right before Clinton's inauguration. I KNEW he would raise taxes. I figured investors would flee to bonds for safety. I figured interest rates would go down. As it turned out, I made over 40% in less than a year. Man did people b*itch about my prediction.

People with a nanny state or a poverty consciousness went berserk on me at the freedom loving Portland State University. If you are easily swayed by what some dunce says, keep your picks quiet.

Anyway, if you can keep making good picks and reinvesting your profits and adding HUGE amounts of cash to your holdings, you could be a billionaire one day. Yes, there is huge risk. Do not go borrow money to invest. If you can't afford to take the risk, don't do it.

Like I say all the time, keep yourself and your mastermind away from negative influences. This is very important.

Where do I get stock picks? Good newsletters, CNBC, financial magazines, message boards. I have watched some stocks since the late 1980's. You can look in the top 10 holding of excellent mutual funds and etfs. You could invest in the companies that sell stuff you really like ( and hopefully everyone else ). Look at the Buy Back Letter. They are pretty good. ( No guarantees tho).

Again, take a look as disruptive tech, and small caps.

Remember, Buffett says all the time: buy when others are fearful! I have bought a few shares in this recession so far. I believe smart investors are doing that too.

Are you overwhelmed ? Get a good broker and stat reading excellent investment books. Take classes too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good post