Saturday, October 17, 2009

Michael Jordon Wealth Mentality

Making $250,000 in a year sounds like an unattainable amount for some people. But if you posses the "Michael Jordan Wealth Mentality" then it becomes achievable. Michael Jordan is arguably the greatest basketball player ever to play the game. And I remember NBA TV analyst, Ahmad Rashad asking Jordan in an interview how he consistently scores 30 plus points per game? Jordan simply replied "I don't look at it as scoring 30 or 40 points a game, my game-plan is to just make 4 lay-ups per quarter, plus the free-throws when I get fouled." Looking at it that way, four lay-ups in twelve minutes seems pretty achievable and once completed totals 32 points a game and once you add in the free throws you can see how Jordan consistently scored 30 to 40 points.

Lets analyze how you can make $250,000 in a year using the "Michael Jordan Wealth Mentality." A quarter of a million dollars a year is about $20,000 per month or $5,000 per week. Let's start with an item (a Polo shirt) that I sold for $35. In order to make $5,000 in a week I had to sell roughly 140 shirts. Selling 140 of the same item was difficult for me at first and since I got exhausted driving all over Dallas/Fort Worth to sell them, I used a strategy typically used by wealthy individuals called leverage, which is using other people's time, money, or efforts to achieve a desired result. I agreed to let three others sell the items for me in return for a portion of the profits.

Now 140 items divided by three people is about 47 items per week or only 10 polo shirts per day individually (and that's only a 5 day work-week). Now that was a cakewalk for me and it became so easy that I advertised on Craig's List and got two more people selling items for me in Houston, TX and then small towns (Tyler, Longview, etc.) and on and on. And it gets even more easier once you add various items like Sean John Jeans, NBA hats etc. to your inventory. Since I knew the market for hip-hop clothing I succeeded, but you can substitute clothing for any other product or service of your choice and be on your way to generating six-figures.

James "Bird" Guess was once homeless after high school, yet he personally financed his way through college and graduated with hopes of climbing the corporate ladder and becoming a rich executive. But after only working a year in "Corporate America," James' ambition and goals outgrew his corporate career plan and he decided to risk everything to go after wealth, success, and the "American Dream."

Starting with only $1,000 saved from college, poor credit, and a dream to become a millionaire, James single-handedly built a half-million dollar enterprise selling clothes from the trunk of his car.

James is now the President & Founder of The $chool of Money & Wealth, and is the best selling author of the book How I Made A Quarter Million Dollars From the Trunk of My Car.
To learn more about James please visit http://www.JamesBirdGuess.com.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=James_Bird_Guess

No comments: