Monday, April 28, 2014

Investment Mistakes to Avoid

If you can't find anything worth buying, keep money on the sidelines.  You can wait for the next recession or pullback if you want.  You could wait for short term misfortune to strike a company, and maybe swoop in and buy.

Years ago, after coming off a good trade, I looked for the next.  I researched a lot of picks and found nothing.  Prices were generally high, and I heard nothing interesting from my newsletters.  When this happens: don't force a trade. And also, don't look for long term investments while the market is high.

It's probably a good idea to do what you are good at, I.e. your job, rather than wade through talk, opinion, and noise. 

Spread your money around, have some cash on the sidelines, and keep up on your companies.

Oh, and microcaps usually aren't a great deal at all.

No comments: